1st Machinery Auctions Ltd (“we,” “our,” “us”) respect the privacy of our customers, suppliers and third parties who interact with us via our Websites or by other means (including by phone, e-mail or face-to-face) (“you”) recognise the need for appropriate protections and management of your personal information.
When we collect and use your personal information and special category data, we are the data controller for the purpose of Data Protection Legislation (defined below).
When we refer to Data Protection Legislation we mean the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”); and any legislation implemented by the UK to give effect to the derogations permitted under the GDPR.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual, such as a name, address, telephone number, email address, etc., and also online identifiers and location data such as IP addresses and mobile device IDs.
Special category data means personal information revealing your racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; or trade union membership; genetic data; biometric data; data related to your health or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation; and criminal convictions or involvement in criminal proceedings.
A data controller is someone who decides why personal data is to be collected and how it will be used and treated.
If you have any questions regarding the Privacy Notice you can contact us by email at: email@example.com or by writing to us at:
1st Machinery Auctions Ltd
PO BOX 5297
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information you can write to us using the contact details noted above and / or notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (please see: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ for more information).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHY?
|INFORMATION||WHY WE COLLECT IT||LEGAL BASIS||SPECIAL CATEGORY DATA CONDITION||EFFECT OF NOT PROVIDING THE INFORMATION IF LEGAL CONDITION OR CONTRACTUAL CONDITION|
|Contact details such as your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, website, fax number||To administer your account with us and provide you with the information you have requested.||Contractual Condition||We will be unable to provide you with an account with us and/or you may be unable to bid on/sell items with us.|
|To provide you with our direct marketing materials by email||With your prior consent only.|
|To contact you in relation to items you are buying or selling and to provide you with updates and/or reminders re payments to be made to us (we may contact you by SMS message/email or live telephone call to remind you that a payment is due)||Contractual Condition||You will be unable to purchase/bid on items from us.|
|To administer your auction sale with us and keep you updated on the that sale, as well as paying proceeds to you.||Contractual Condition||We will be unable to sell lots on your behalf.|
|To update you on the progress of lot sales/purchases by email or phone call.||Contractual Condition||We will be unable to buy/sell lots on your behalf.|
|Bank Details||To make payments to you in relation to asset sales we have concluded on your behalf as your agent.||Contractual Condition||We will be unable to sell lots on your behalf and/or pay proceeds to you.|
|We may collect and hold your bank details where you have registered as a buyer or seller and we may require to obtain a deposit from you before you can bid on items||Contractual Condition Legitimate interests (to protect our business)||We may be unable to accept bids from you unless you have a deposit on file.|
|VAT Number||We also collect your VAT number (if applicable) to allow us to ensure we are applying the correct VAT codes to your sale/purchase||Legal obligation||We will be unable to sell lots of your behalf or administer your purchase of items where you are buying on behalf of a business that is exporting out with the UK.|
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION UP-TO-DATE?
Please update your information using your online account via our web site or, if you don’t have an online account, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible after there is any change to your personal details, including your contact details.
DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We contract with third party service providers and suppliers to deliver certain services.
The following third parties may have access to your personal information and, in some circumstances, your special category data (if applicable), for the purposes noted below:
- any other person who is authorised to act on your behalf;
- regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, tax authorities and insurance companies;
- any relevant dispute resolution body or the courts;
- persons in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change in our business;
- our recommended transport companies;
- our waste management company, Paper Shredding Services Limited, who take care of our shredding and waste disposal requirements; and
- our IT support,Sensible Development Ltd in relation to our desktop applications that run our internal system;
We will not sell, trade or lease your personal information to others.
We will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the uses outlined above, unless we are required to keep your personal data longer to comply with the law and any regulatory requirements.
We will retain your personal information for a period of 30 years after our last contact from you to allow us to inform you of our upcoming sales and auctions that may be of interest to you, unless you have contacted us to say that you wish us to delete your personal information from our records.
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Legislation which can be exercised by contacting us at: email@example.com, including:
- the right to access the personal data held about the you by making a subject access request in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. We may charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive;
- the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request to have your personal data deleted in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- the right to request to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or for purposes based on our legitimate interests;
- the right to ask us to not undergo automated decision making; and
- where you have provided consent to direct marketing communications, to request to withdraw such consent at any time.
There are some exceptions to the above rights that are permitted under the data protection legislation.
Please note that if you choose to exercise your rights to have personal data restricted or deleted, then we may not be able to provide you with a full service.
Further details about your rights can be found on the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk/.